Monday, October 13, 2008

bike the city then walk home


la bicicleta verde - what an awesome tour! If you like to play as hard as you work or just like to play... this is the tour for you... and ME! We took bikes around Santiago and wheeled thru the parks and followed a trail of stories that basically left me feeling like I was reliving Chilean history and politics from the past 2-3 centuries.
little plug for peddling :)
www.labicicletaverde.com


Our tour group - Guide in Green - Nico!
And since I have no problem forgetting names (it's one of my strengths actually) so I won't even try to remember who they all were... but I can tell you where they are all from:
(from left to right)
Nico - Salt Lake City (lives in Santiago)
Santiago - it's home :)
uh-oh ... somewhere USA - works at the US Embasy in Santiago
Anchorage - just me
Germany - spending 4 weeks in Patagonia with freinds (nice!)

Or I could just call them: Nico, Peter, John and Carlos :)



a small portion of a painting in the coffee/icecream shop

Salvador Allende wrapped in the Chilean flag

*~unfortunately his rule weighed heavy on Chile - followed by a heavier Pinochet FIST*~


38, a very dark place - say no more

Tomorrow brings exploration of the celebrated culture of Chile... museums, arts, sculpture and miles of walking, smooch~*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like that painting! fun trip still it sounds like! you may want to start tanning if you want those pictures to look believable! :)-hc

sis said...

me again. does that say 'here they tortured and killed'? what is that place?

la bicicleta verde said...

Thanks H!

Come back again,

Peter

www.labicicletaverde.com